Treatment Planning for Panic Disorder DVD
This DVD addresses the challenges many practitioners face in assimilating results from psychotherapy research into their treatment plans. Evidence-Based Treatment Planning for Panic Disorder DVD discusses panic disorder and its diagnosis; the steps involved in psychotherapy treatment planning, empirically supported treatments for panic disorder, and how to integrate objectives and intervention consistent those treatments into a treatment plan. Role-play scenarios illustrate selected aspects of the empirically supported treatments for panic, including cognitive and behavioral coping skills, cognitive restructuring, physical sensation exposure, and situational exposure. A corresponding workbook can be used in conjunction with the DVD as a self-paced or collaborative learning tool.
After you watch this DVD you should:
- Know the process and criteria for diagnosing panic disorder.
- Know the well-established, empirically supported treatments (ESTs) for panic disorder.
- Understand how ESTs for panic have been identified, what treatment approaches have been designated as empirically supported, as well as objectives and interventions common to each identified
- Be informed as to how several ESTs for panic are applied to clinical practice through demonstration vignettes.
- Know common considerations in the prevention of relapse of panic disorder, as well as empirically supported relapse prevention programs for panic.
- Know how to construct a treatment plan and empirically inform it with results from psychotherapy research.
- Appreciate the importance of therapeutic relationship factors in the delivery of an empirically informed treatment plan.